The Office of Student Affairs is committed to providing current students the support they need to complement their academic careers. The Wildcats are a lively and diverse group of students who enjoy a top education, but also fun and social learning activities, clubs and organizations, supportive career advice, and occasions for international travel.
Get active. Join an athletic team or one of the many clubs and organizations on campus.
Travel. Our residency and exchange programs can take you to the United States, France, the UK, and more. Apply for one of our Service Learning Trips, which, in the past, have included South Africa, Tunisia and Brazil.
Find a job or internship. Leverage our career service workshops, mock interviews and database of opportunities.
Stay healthy. Our dedicated counseling and wellness staff is happy to assist you with your health questions and concerns.
nu-Q Media awards - now accepting nominations!
The highly celebrated NU-Q Media Awards is scheduled for Tuesday, March 25! The Media Awards is an event where we celebrate the outstanding work of NU-Q students in the Communication, Journalism and Liberal Arts programs. It is NU-Q’s version of the Oscars and NUQSU are now accepting nominations!
All submissions and approvals will need to be received by Sunday, March 9, 2014 by 11:59pm. To submit your student work, please following the guidelines and directions below:
- Pieces of work must be produced between March 2013 – February 2014
- Students may submit individual work to only one (1) category. They may submit multiple pieces of work but each individual piece can only be submitted to one (1) category. Please find attached the award categories.
- Students may not submit to Best Picture in the COMM category. The winners of Best Animation, Editing, Documentary, Cinematography and Independent Film will be the nominees for Best Picture.
- All student work must have approval from their faculty member via email.
- Professors may nominate student work, but the student will need to accept the nomination via email. (If the piece is made by a group, each group member must accept the nomination).
- To submit your work, please first create a Dropbox account if you don't already have one: www.dropbox.com.
- Upload the project to Dropbox (needs to be less than 2 GB - be sure to compress your files).
- Share the uploaded file and forward the professor approval email to Hend Darwish or Layan Abdulshkoor. Be sure to specify the specific category for which you are accepting a nomination.
- All submissions and approvals need to be received by Sunday, March 9, 2014 by 11:59pm.
Additionally, a screening of the nominated projects will be held at the Film Society Screening on Monday, March 10th, 6-8pm in the HBKU Student Center Cinema. We hope to see you there! Looking forward to your nominations!
Student affairs staff are here to help you have the best college experience possible. Feel free to leave feedback or contact us at StudentAffairsOffice@qatar.northwestern.edu.