Research Study Coordinator
This position works independently and proactively to help coordinate collection, analysis, processing, and reporting of data in NU-Q’s NPRP projects. This is particularly important because these projects involve co-investigators from multiple campuses (NU-E and NU-Q) and other institutions outside Northwestern University (such as Qatar University, Rutgers University, Primary Health Care Corporation in Qatar). In addition, several sponsors are involved (Qatar National Research Fund, Doha Film Institute and Al Jazeera).
The Research Study Coordinator works as a team member of the Research Office, providing additional research support in other ongoing research projects. Additionally, coordinates IRB documentation in compliance with QNRF, NU, and Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) regulations, conducts regular searches of funding databases to seek additional funding opportunities, and other related tasks.
Grant-related Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical Tasks:
- Prepares literature reviews.
- Participates in the planning and execution of the research projects: questionnaire preparation and refinement, testing data-gathering instruments such as questionnaires and guidelines for intensive interviews and focus groups, helps recruit subjects for qualitative parts of the research, helps control the process of fieldwork.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for day-to-day project management, including project timing, communications, and coordination of all teams working on the project(s).
- Helps with preparing data for analysis.
- Analyzes the data in cooperation with the researchers involved.
- Responsible for data visualization of the results of analysis (graphs, charts etc.).
- Participates in producing and editing written content of the final reports and/or research papers.
- Oversees any Arabic work that may be required for the project(s), e.g. works closely with translation teams when translating questionnaires or cognitive interviews into Arabic, sits in on pilot interviews or focus groups conducted in Arabic, oversees the layout of project reports produced in Arabic.
- Works closely with web developers to oversee the design and development of websites displaying study findings. Uploads all report content into the website’s Content Management System.
- Administrative Tasks:
- Collects, records, reviews, and summarizes research data.
- Prepares reports for investigators on the progress of the projects.
- Helps keep sponsors up to date about the progress of projects and presents preliminary project findings to sponsors, by contributing to progress reports.
- Writes portions of grant applications and co-authors scholarly papers.
- Completes forms associated with current local, state, and federal regulatory guidelines, requirements, laws, and research protocols.
- Ensures that all project-related documents, such as final questionnaires, project timelines, final topline documents and SPSS files are organized and kept up-to-date.
- Finance Tasks:
- Prepares the payment process for research participants per study protocol.
- Coordinates reimbursements for expert panel travel, consultant pay, etc. and ensures costs remain within allotted grant budget.
- Research Office-related Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates IRB documentation in compliance with university, sponsor, and Ministry of Public Health guidelines.
- Conducts regular searches of funding databases to identify funding announcements; shares them with Research Administrator
- Maintains and regularly updates the Research Office SharePoint page.
- Other tasks, as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major in journalism or communication;
- Excellent attention to detail, creative problem-solver, solution-oriented.
- Deadline-oriented, organized, and able to work under pressure.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Previous experience in project management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English; fluent in spoken and written Modern Standard Arabic.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Experience with conducting scholarly research in communication projects.
- Proficient in using SPSS for statistical analysis.
- Previous experience with data visualization.
Applications must be sent through the Northwestern University eRecruit system. To find listings for the Qatar campus:
- Visit http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers/
- Click on the "External Applicants" link
- Select "Doha, Qatar" from the Primary Locations menu on the left
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Date Posted: December 10, 2017
Job ID: 32603