The Program Administrator oversees NU-Q’s academic affairs student programs and faculty coordination. This role provides direction and thought leadership to develop strategic administrative initiatives that meet the mission/objective of the program. This position oversees the effective, compliant, & efficient daily management of all operational, financial, & business functions in support of the program & in coordination with offices such as Business & Finance, HR, Student Affairs, Facilities, IT, & Office of the Dean. The Program Administrator represents programs on internal & external business affairs & is viewed as an expert resource regarding program’s administrative affairs.
The program includes NU-Q’s Semester in Qatar (SIQ), journalism residencies, Evanston exchanges, Global Engagement Studies Institute (GESI), study abroad, class academic travel. Also includes tracking and coordinating faculty hiring and appointments including setting up adjuncts.
- Directs and leads development of program/project strategic plan.
- Oversees & ensures that day-to-day operations are appropriately managed, efficient and effective.
- Operationalizes goals & objectives; ensures that resources are created or obtained.
- Manages customer service; creates associated practices & procedures & metrics to measure success.
- Analyzes data & recommends & implements changes & improvement to better ensure attainment of mission.
- Manages logistics requirements, including facilities, venue, scheduling, technology, instruction, catering, etc.
- Oversees documentation of agreements between NU and partner institutions, ensuring that agreements are complete and reviewed by all necessary NU officials.
Budgets & Financial
- Develops and implements ideas for improving business processes, and increasing program/project revenues and margins.
- Plans & manages complex budget(s) which fund strategic mission including financial sustainability & enhancement models.
- Plans & implements annual budget process.
Communication, Outreach & Recruitment
- Directs program/project marketing/branding efforts.
- Identifies and implements short- and long-term strategies and plans to meet program/project goals.
- Engages in outreach/field relations serving a number of goals, including recruitment, participation, sponsorship, relationship building, etc. to support continued program/project development & improvement.
- Interacts with internal/external resources & organizations to identify new markets & opportunities.
- Builds relationships with program/project alumni to develop and cultivate professional networks, financial resources, and sense of community among alumni.
- Oversees development & implementation of evaluation processes, quantitative & qualitative measurements that ensure that program/project benchmarks are successfully attained and communicated in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manages evaluation processes; recommends & implements changes for enhancement; monitors effectiveness through follow-up evaluation studies.
- Collaborates with internal/external resources to develop meaningful outcome measurements and methods of program/project evaluation that will lead to enhancement.
- Oversees recruitment of faculty
- Manages goals, objectives, outcome measurements and metrics, financial feasibility, marketing strategies and collaboration opportunities with other internal and external organizations.
- Manages the ongoing development and refinement of the program's/project's current and future curriculum and course offerings in consultation with subject matter experts.
- Manages for consistently high quality standards across all partner programs/projects, including admissions, teaching, grading, service levels, and facilities.
- Creates & leads a coordinated program of activities designed to increase program/project objectives.
- Develops & executes strategies to involve internal/external constituents and cultivate new individual, corporate, institutional &/or foundation collaborations.
- Oversees recruitment, application evaluation, interview, selection and notification of students or participants.
- Establishes admissions criteria in accordance with associated NU policy.
- Creates department strategy for structure, process, & staff support of students.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 4 years program/project administration or other relevant experience.
Applications must be sent through the Northwestern University eRecruit system. To find listings for the Qatar campus:
- Go to http://careers.northwestern.edu
- In the Primary Location menu on the left, select "Doha, Qatar"
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Date Posted: August 24, 2017