Plan Assessment & Strategy Director
Responsible for institutional planning as well as coordinating and calibrating specific new development projects and maintaining designated strategic external partnerships. This position will handle business intelligence providing necessary data and analysis for planning and strategy.
Working Conditions: The position is in Qatar.
- Develop, organize and/or commission institutional “business intelligence” research and assessment projects, studies and reports for internal and external academic, operational and outreach needs of NU-Q.
- Connect and assess planning needs of Academic Affairs and Student Affairs.
- Plan for and guide institutional intellectual and professional capital development with a specific protocol to be developed.
- Identify and liaise on data pertinent to personnel (staff and faculty) and students as need arise or can be anticipated.
- Liaise with key NU-Q strategic partners with regard to executive education and training, student opportunities and research collaboration.
- Work with innovation and futures lab planning at NU-Q and communicate regularly with relevant innovation projects at NU-Evanston and in Education City.
- Identify and promote potential entrepreneurship ventures for NU-Q generally land for students and alumni specifically.
- Organize and participate in internal and external strategy workshops and other activities useful to the school in its relationships and future developments.
- Develop and maintain a futures index or inventory to anticipate future challenges and opportunities for NU-Q including geopolitical issues.
- Make certain that all projects, partnerships and designated activities in this portfolio have specific objectives with action plans and lifecycle.
- Prepare a monthly and annual report of all achievements, challenges and future plans.
- Master’s or other relevant graduate degree in media, communication, business) 5 years of experience in higher education leadership.
- Planning and management competence, leadership skills, knowledge of media industries and media education, excellent speaking and writing ability.
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and Experience):
- Specific knowledge of and experience in the Middle East, especially branch campus exposure, experience with data analytics, business intelligence.
- Knowledge of intellectual capital development, experience working with students, faculty and staff in higher education, management education and training.
Applications must be sent through the Northwestern University eRecruit system. To find listings for the Qatar campus:
- Go to http://careers.northwestern.edu
- In the Primary Location menu on the left, select "Doha, Qatar"
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Date Posted: September 12, 2017