Human Resources Coordinator
This position is responsible for the coordination & scheduling of all functions pertaining to visitors, pre-employments, orientation, benefits and payroll for all personnel affiliated with Northwestern University in Qatar. This position serves as back-up to the benefits specialist. Additionally, this position is responsible for administrative office duties.
Working Conditions: This is an overseas position in Qatar, Middle East. All final candidates will undergo a comprehensive background check.
- Coordination of the scheduling and booking of visitors, pre-employment visits, post-arrival orientation, immigration appointments, and visa processing.
- Supervising the schedule of Office Assistant/Driver of the University.
- Serve as back up for the Benefits Specialist.
- Create, maintain, and update all personnel files and data bases for all employees.
- Provide administrative/clerical support to the Human Resources office.
- Manage content, edit and prepare the HR newsletter. Assist in the creation, update and maintenance of local banking deposit files for all NU-Q employees.
- Represents NU-Q at various meetings and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Three or more years of related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of US and Qatari culture.
- Working knowledge of office administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and planning skills, including ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set goals and enforce deadlines, while maintaining flexibility to reassess and prioritize goals.
- Ability to function competently in a team environment.
- Ability to take initiative, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with NU-Q campus communities including Qatar Foundation and external customers in a multi-cultural setting.
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Orientation and immigration experience in an expatriate business setting.
- International expatriate experience.
- Existing State of Qatar resident.
Working knowledge of immigration/visa processes.
Applications must be sent through the Northwestern University eRecruit system. To find listings for the Qatar campus:
- Go to http://careers.northwestern.edu
- In the Primary Location menu on the left, select "Doha, Qatar"
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Date Posted: September 12, 2017