The Gallery Registrar plans, organizes and implements all processes related to the organization of loans, exhibitions, packing and shipping, storage, insurance, and risk management, for all digital and physical assets, including on- and off-site digitization, and communications with lenders.
Please Note: Incumbent must be able to lift 20lbs.
- Organize and oversee all exhibition loans, including initial agreements, shipping, insurance, display, de-installation, and return, including all associated paperwork and CMS-DAMS records.
- Coordinate and conduct digitization of objects in appropriate formats, with associated metadata and storage
- Conduct all object and digital care, including incoming and outgoing Condition Reports, environmental controls, and organization of conservation if required
- Manager and hub of Majlis CMS-DAMS system (Qi)
- Coordinates use of digital or physical assets and their use in exhibition materials by Marketing, Publications, etc., and ensures correct credit lines and copyright
- Coordinator of exhibition installation and de-installation
- Receives and responds to all object, digital, collection, and loan inquiries
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in museum studies, curatorial studies, conservation, registrar practice, or digital media
- Two plus year’s museum experience in a registrar’s office, collections management office, or similar
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Experienced and high comfort level with the use of technology-based museum CMS-DAMS
- Experience with digital exhibition content
- Fluent in English, including museum terminology and practice experience
- Experience in object handling and storage, transportation and shipping, copyright and licensing
- Exceptional team work and time management skills, familiarity and comfort with new technology
- Proactive in independent work, with a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to travel
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Masters in museum studies, curatorial studies, conservation, or digital media (MA, MSc, MPrac.)
- Four plus years museum and exhibitions experience
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Experience or training with object digitization practices and protocols
- Fluently bilingual (Arabic and English), or abilities in Urdu, Tagalog, Hindi, or French
- Background, experience or training in one or more areas of journalism, communication or media
- Experience or training in remedial conservation and/or matting and mounting
Applications must be sent through the Northwestern University eRecruit system. To find listings for the Qatar campus:
- Visit http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers/
- Click on the "External Applicants" link
- Select "Doha, Qatar" from the Primary Locations menu on the left
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Date Posted: July 20, 2017
Job ID: 31642