This position is responsible for managing the administration of orientation, benefits, and repatriation for all personnel affiliated with Northwestern University in Qatar. Additionally, this position overseas the NU-Q HR website and its content.
Working Conditions: This is an overseas position in Qatar, Middle East. All final candidates will undergo a comprehensive background check.
- Manage and assist all employees with all Benefits. Liaison between Northwestern University Evanston Benefits Department and NU-Q campus employees for benefits implementation and information dissemination. Mediate between benefits providers and employees’ benefits-related questions. Direct preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits, compensation and personnel policies.
- Back up to Assistant Director for Qatar Payroll and Bi-weekly Payroll.
- Manage all of the pre-employment or post-arrival orientation of new hires. On-boarding and Off-boarding departmental management. Facilitate the new employee’s entry into the organization, as well as provide general information.
- Designer and webmaster of NU-Q intranet (SharePoint) for HR Department. Prepare HR user friendly processes for employees and publish on HR SharePoint including building extensive document library.
- Instruct and assist employees on FASIS and KRONOS. Prepare step by step guides for Internal and External Processes.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date orientation guide and work on continuously improving current orientation practices.
- Manage PwC scheduling and liaise with PwC and employees.
- Oversee and assist in the placement of employee’s children in private schools. Point person for schools until employee arrives in country.
- Represents NU-Q at various meetings and events and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Three or more years of related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of US and Qatari culture and benefits.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and planning skills, including ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set goals and enforce deadlines, while maintaining flexibility to reassess and prioritize goals.
- Ability to function competently in a team environment.
- Ability to take initiative, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with NU-Q campus communities including Qatar Foundation and external customers in a multi-cultural setting.
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and Experience):
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Orientation and benefit experience in an expatriate business setting.
- International expatriate experience.
- Existing State of Qatar resident.
Working knowledge of medical facilities and insurance practices in Doha.
Applications must be sent through the Northwestern University eRecruit system. To find listings for the Qatar campus:
- Go to http://careers.northwestern.edu
- In the Primary Location menu on the left, select "Doha, Qatar"
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Date Posted: September 12, 2017