Administrative Assistant, IT
The Administrative Assistant serves as support staff to the Information Technology department at Northwestern University in Qatar, performing duties such as preparing correspondence, providing general office support, and providing telephone and reception area services supporting NU-Q. The Assistant reconciles purchasing and receiving for IT, entering items into the inventory management system and tracking licensing and contract expiration.
Working Conditions: This is an overseas position in Qatar, Middle East. All final candidates will undergo a comprehensive background check.
- Assisting in general correspondence and mail.
- Assisting the director with departmental travel arrangements including providing assistance in paperwork for reimbursements, assisting with vacation, business and professional development travel coordination for departmental staff.
- Copying, filing faxing, answering phones, and scheduling meetings.
- Serving as the initial contact for the department by responding to faculty, staff and visitors.
- Directing guests and providing information about the department.
- Complete transactions with vendors for procurement, assist in the oversight and management of software licenses, and assist in the overall inventory management for IT. Provides tracking of contracts for services alerting the proper individuals with the department regarding expiration of contracts and required renewal periods.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Interest in higher education.
- Strong computer skills, especially with word processing and spreadsheets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated adaptability, dependability and efficiency
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Existing State of Qatar resident.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while setting and achieving deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative and decision-making skills
Applications must be sent through the Northwestern University eRecruit system. To find listings for the Qatar campus:
- Go to http://careers.northwestern.edu
- In the Primary Location menu on the left, select "Doha, Qatar"
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Date Posted: August 16, 2017