AV Systems Engineer
The Audio Video (A/V) Engineer is responsible for the installation, configuration, programming and maintenance of Qatar campus classroom and conference room A/V platforms and building digital signage systems. This position is responsible for identifying and deploying innovative A/V technologies in support of the programmatic needs of NU-Q. It further ensures high classroom services availability, uptime, monitoring, and fine tunes touch panel’s controls, graphics, and scripts to achieve easy to use self-service A/V spaces.
Working Conditions: This is an overseas position in Qatar, Middle East. On call 24/7 and weekend maintenance and upgrade work schedule. All final candidates will undergo a comprehensive background check.Welcome to EditPad.org - your online plain text editor. Enter or paste your text here. To download and save it, click on the button below.
- Installs, configures and maintains NU-Q’s classroom and conference room control systems and equipment including but not limited to: Apple resident computers, Brahler microphones, Chief mounts, Christie projectors, Christie Spyders, Christie LED tiles, Cisco video conferencing, Crown amplifiers, Clockaudio microphones, Draper screens and motorized lifts, Extron control/switching infrastructure, Haivision IPTV, JBL PA systems, KEF motorized speakers, Lectrosonics DSPs, Mackie mixers, MAP technical furniture, MeyerSound theater speakers, Olson PDUs, OPPO Blu-Ray players, Onkyo integrated surround sound theater processors, NEC professional displays, Renkus-Heinz speaker arrays, Shure microphones, Stewart Filmscreen micro-perf projection screens with masking, Tannoy speakers, Vaddio camera extenders, and Wolfvision document cameras.
- With limited supervision, prioritizes and resolves issues ensuring reliable classrooms and conference rooms.
- Support A/V event services for live events in classrooms, conference rooms and portable A/V environments. This includes ensuring projection, room microphone and speaker systems, videoconferencing and other room features work to event specifications.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of digital projection, video, audio, and video-conferencing systems and an educated awareness of evolving technologies through professional publications, outside contacts, and ongoing professional development. Based on this knowledge, researches and proposes changes to systems to ensure continuous operations, desired performance, and service.
- Participates in the design and daily monitoring of A/V systems. Analyzes system performance and resolves problems, delivers reports including project progress/completion and/or makes appropriate recommendations.
- Serves as primary technical resources for contracted A/V technicians.
- A bachelor’s degree in technical or communication field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- Three to five years of related professional experience in the A/V industry. Must be able to understand pedagogical needs and support teaching and learning activities as they specifically related to classroom technologies.
- Detailed understanding and experience in design, development and deployment of video conferencing rooms and learning technology supported rooms, their design and ongoing operational use.
- Proficient with Mac and Windows Platforms.
- Knowledge of VC and streaming protocols and their associated audio and video codecs.
- Knowledge of network diagnostics and troubleshooting, network stack and IP packets and multicasting technologies.
- Ability to effectively analyze VC and A/V system problems under pressure.
- Ability to lift and carry 23kg. (50lbs).
- Ability to climb ladders, scaffolding, and enter crawl spaces.
- Work or study time spent outside of applicant’s home culture.
- Ability to handle and manage several concurrent projects; highly adaptable.
- High level of organization; proactive planning and fulfillment of KPI objectives.
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or comparable relevant work experience.
- Certified Extron AV Associate, Extron Programmer, Extron Gain Structure, Extron XTP Engineer
- Demonstrated live event support proficiency
- Understanding of electrical codes related to both low voltage and high voltage wiring used within an audio-visual learning environment.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the design and support of learning technology spaces.
Applications must be sent through the Northwestern University eRecruit system. To find listings for the Qatar campus:
- Visit http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers/
- Click on the "External Applicants" link
- Select "Qatar" from the Primary Locations in the left-hand menu
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Date Posted: September 12, 2017